Restructuring Accounting Consultants
Expression of interest (EOI) Engagement of Consultants
- Pakistan Railways (PR) is currently a Government department , supervised by Railway Board, and part of the Ministry of Railways. In addition to the management and operations of the Railways network, PR undertakes a wide range of other activities , including manufacturing locomotives, rolling stock and sleepers as well as running hospitals , a police service and extensive land management.
- Intention of the Government of Pakistan is to create a focused Railways enterprise Operating on commercial basic. Initially a state corporation, Pakistan Railways Corporation (PRC) will be created . Only core Railways activities and assets will be transferred to PRC in order to allow PRC management to focus on improving Railways operations , traffic levels and financial performance.
- In this context , Ministry of Railways requires the services of an expert professional firm with credible international / national experience to assist with the transition in the following areas:
(a) Restructuring of Operations of Railways on Commercial lines.
(b) Corporate Accountings system in Railways.
- Ministry of Railways in association with Ministry of Finance is availing funds provided under the World Bank Public Sector Capacity Building Project for this assignment.
- Interested Firms may obtain further information form the address given below between 0900 hours to 1400 hours during working days.
Muhammad Ali, Director Finance / Restructuring,
Pakistan Railways, Headquarters Office , Lahore.
Tel: 042-9201782, Fax: b, Mobile: 0321-4881910
- The firms which have already shown their interest may also submit their Expression of Interest.
- Expression of Interest must be submitted at the following address within 14 days of the Publication of this request for E.O.I.
Ministry of Railways, Government of Pakistan.
4th Floor, Block 'D' Pak Secretariat, Islamabad
Ph: 051-9201993, Fax: 051-9204290.
Contact : www.pakrail.com